Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Somebody's Keeper

     Recently, I have found myself as someone's "keeper" in my family. She's only 6 months old, and she's just learning how to talk and walk. But, my baby cousin means the world to me. I call her Lizard, even though her name is Elizabeth. I know right now, that my aunt won't be able to provide the best life for Lizard, considering she's a constant relapsing drug addict. Lizard's father isn't quite in the picture either. But, I know that whatever she needed, I'd help her in a heartbeat. From learning how to walk/talk or needing a ride to the mall with her friends, I'll be there for her. I believe that everyone deserves to have one special person in their life that they look up to and count on (whether or not it's your parents) and I want to be that person for her. I absolutely love my baby cousin, and I can promise that I'll always be her keeper, whether she needs one or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment